Birstall Parish Council would like to express their gratitude to all those community members who are involved in setting up help lines for residents who are housebound or vulnerable. These are very difficult times and our local community spirit is something to be proud of.
Birstall Parish Council is following the latest Government advice and instructions and give you all the following information:
- The Parish Council offices are closed. The staff who can, will be working from home.
- Communication should be by telephone or email and we will do our best to offer what help and guidance we can. To speak to the Clerk, the number to call is: 07885 455 589 and you can email her on: email@example.com
- The decision was taken to close our playing fields and the play areas that we can so as not to encourage group gatherings and to promote the Governments advice on social distancing.
- The Council's three allotment sites remain open to Tenants and notices have been posted on the gates to the sites as per guidance from the National Allotment Society
- The Cemetery remains open
We offer our best wishes to all members of our community, particularly, those who are isolated, vulnerable or suffering from the virus.The Parish Council is not immune and several staff and Councillors are currently affected, with a large number of Councillors in vulnerable groups.
Please stay as safe as you can by staying at home and we will get through this unprecedented situation together.
Cllr Ann Marshall
Chair of Birstall Parish Council
Posted: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 09:26 by Sue Coulson